On Peak : Monday – Friday from 09.00 AM to 10.00 PM
Off Peak : Monday – Friday from 10.00 PM to 09.00 AM
: Saturday – Sunday , National Labor Day and normal public holiday
(excluding substitution holiday and Royal Ploughing Day) from 00.00 AM to 12.00 PM
1. The customer who installed the Watt-hour meter of up to 5 amperes, 230 volts, 1 phase, 2 wires, will be classified under tariff No.1.1. However, if his energy consumption exceeds 150 kWh per month for 3 consecutive months, he will be classified under tariff No. 1.2 in the following month. But if, his energy consumption in the later months is less than 150 kWh per month for the subsequent 3 consecutive months, he will be reclassified under tariff No.1.1.
2. The Customer who installed Watt-hour meter of up from 5 amperes, 230 volts, 1 phase,
2 wires, will be classified into the tariff No.1.2.
3. A customer under tariff No. 1.2 may choose to be under tariff No.1.3, and he or she is required to notify the MEA in advance and must pay for a TOU meter or service charges for a TOU meter in addition to the normal service charge and may switch to tariff No.1.2 following a minimum use of twelve (12) months.
4. Religious centre, including its compound, may choose to be classified under Schedule 6.
5. Customers shall pay a monthly service charge although there is no electricity consumption during that month.
6. A customer under No. 1.1 (Schedule 1, under no. 1.1) who installed the Watt-hour meter of up to 5 amperes and used electricity not over 50 units per month can use electricity free of charge in that month.
Conditions Relating to Electricity Tariffs
1. The electricity tariffs herein do not include Value Added Tax (VAT).
2. Electricity charges billed for each month comprising the electricity base charge according to the tariffs herein; and an energy adjustment charge (Ft), which is the uncontrollable cost of the Power Sector. Such as the cost of fuels used in electricity generation that differ from the planned value, impact from rate of exchange and inflation rate. The energy adjustment charge will also be shown in the electricity bill.
The above tariffs are effective as from the billing month of June 2012